Whether you're an agency working with many clients, you have a team who all need to submit requests to Design Pickle, or you prefer your own applications to the Design Pickle Platform for submitting requests, there's a simple "formula" that can be used to set up Zapier automation that will send requests straight to your Design Pickle queue.
With this type of Zapier automation, your clients can submit requests without needing to go to jar.designpickle.com, your team members don't have to be users on your Design Pickle account, and you can sit back and relax knowing these requests are being added to your queue for you!
(although we would still suggest double-checking the requests were delivered since technology is not 1000% reliable, 100% of the time 😉)
What You'll Need:
- A form application (such as google forms, typeform, gravity forms, HubSpot forms, etc.)
- A Zapier account
- A Design Pickle account
- 5-10 minutes to set up the Zap
Here are some commonly used integrations for Design Pickle and form applications:
- Typeform + Design Pickle
- Google Forms + Design Pickle
- Gravity Forms + Design Pickle
- WPForms + Design Pickle
Step One: Setting Up Your Form
The first step would be to create a form in the application of your choice with the following questions:
- (required) A unique title for the request
- (required) Preferred Size
- (required) Describe what you're looking for in as much detail as you can - creative direction, copy, etc. will all go here
- (optional) What target audience is this for?
- (optional) Do you have any links to similar designs you like?
- (optional) Is there anything you do NOT want in your designs?
- (optional) Do you have any assets you'd like to attach to this request?
Essentially, you'll want to recreate our Design Pickle request form, so that all the necessary fields can match up.
Once you've created the form, go ahead and test it out with a sample entry. This will allow Zapier to have something to try out when you first set up your zap. Make sure to do this BEFORE jumping into setting up the Zap.
Step Two: Setting Up the Zap
Once you've created the form and submitted a sample entry, open up Zapier and create a new zap that connects your form application and Design Pickle. You'll want the trigger to be something along the lines of "New form submission".
The Action will be to be "Create Request":
For this example, I'll be connecting Typeform with Design Pickle.
Click "Use Zap" and continue on with the Zap set up!
1) Connect your account associated with your form - in my case, I gave Zapier permission to link with Typeform.
2) Select the form you created for Design Pickle requests from the dropdown options.
3) Test your trigger connection. Zapier will find the sample data you submitted earlier in the process.
4) Next, you'll need to connect your Design Pickle account. If you haven't set up a Zap before with Design Pickle, review this article about your API Token.
5) Customize your request to match up all of the form fields with our request form:
- (required) A unique title for the request --> Map to "Subject" in the setup template section of the zap
- (required) Preferred Size --> Map to "Size"
- (required) Describe what you're looking for in as much detail as you can --> Map to "Details"
- (optional) What target audience is this for? --> Map to "target"
- (optional) Do you have any links to similar designs you like? --> Map to "links"
- (optional) Is there anything you do NOT want in your designs? --> Map to "Not looking for"
- (optional) Do you have any assets you'd like to attach to this request? --> Map to "files"
Some optional forms may not have a value (for example, Zapier ID, or priority). That's okay. The only ones we need to make sure we get in are "Subject", "Details", and "Size".
6) Once your fields all matched up, go on and send a test request over to Design Pickle!
NOTE: if this was a sample request and you don't actually want your designer to work on it, remember to cancel it in the Design Pickle Platform!
P.S. Other form submissions will not send right away. Typically the zap will fire around every 15 minutes or so! So please be patient!
Are you an agency and want to review your client's requests before they are automatically submitted to Design Pickle?
If you do not want the form requests to go directly to Design Pickle, set up your Zap to send the form submissions to your email first, then forward the email along to [email protected] once you've had a chance to review it.
As long as you're using the email that is affiliated with your Design Pickle account, sending an email to [email protected] will add the request to your queue!
Want additional Zapier support from Design Pickle?
We’ve got you covered.
One of our Project Managers can assist with setting up your Zapier integrations.