The first step to creating any Zapier automation involving Design Pickle is locating your API Token.
Log in to the Design Pickle Platform, head to Settings > My profile on the left. You will see a section labeled "API Token" - the code underneath is what you will want to copy and paste into your Zaps.
Log in to Zapier, and create a new Zap with Design Pickle for one of the applications. In this example, I'm connecting Asana to Design Pickle.
Next, click on the Design Pickle section, and Zapier will prompt you to connect an account. Under "Choose Account," you'll want to select Add a New Account. When you click this option, a pop-up window will appear:
Add your API token to the text field, and hit "Yes, Continue" - your API token will be connected and you're ready to start Zapping!
There are two ways to use your API:
1) Use the API through Zapier to automate frequent Design Pickle workflows and tasks.
- For example, you can use Zapier to connect Google Sheets and Design Pickle so that every time you create a new row in Google Sheets, it sends a new request to your designer.
- Or Zap requests from Asana over to Design Pickle, just like the example shown above.
- Browse the potential Zapier integrations you can create here: Zapier + Design Pickle
2) You can also use the API to build Design Pickle functionality into your own application.
- For example, in your own application, you can create a similar form to our own form at jar.designpickle.com and customize it to match your own branding so your own clients can get started with submitting requests to your Design Pickle designer.
- If you’re tech-savvy, check out our API documentation here and test it out for yourself!
Want additional Zapier support from Design Pickle?
We’ve got you covered.
One of our Project Managers can assist with setting up your Zapier integrations.