Our favorite project management app Trello has been a secret weapon for many Design Pickle users. This article will show you how you can Zap requests over to Design Pickle directly from Trello, saving you time and hassle.
Ready to get started? Let's do this.
What You'll Need:
- A Design Pickle account
- A Trello account (and a board set up)
- 5-10 minutes to set up the Zap!
Log in to Trello, and start with the following:
1) Create and designate a List within your Trello board to be your Design Pickle Request board. This will be the trigger for Zapier to know that the cards added to that List should be sent to your Design Pickle designer as a new request.
Consider naming it something like "Requests" or "Design Pickle Requests":
2) Create a sample design request as a card in your Trello List before beginning setting up the Zap (to test the connection)
- Include a Description, a Title, and an Attachment.
- Also, feel free to use this as a "real" request - meaning you can write it up like you were requesting something from your designer! You'll be able to submit it later in the process.
Then, head on over to Zapier and add a new Zap!
When you create the new Zap, the first application should be Trello, and the second should be Design Pickle:
When your screen looks like the photo above, go ahead and click "Use Zap" to continue the setup.
Set Up The Zap:
Step One: The Trigger from Trello
1) Connect Zapier with your Trello Account and hit "Continue"
2) Next, customize your card - choose your Trello Board, and the List you created earlier for Design Pickle requests:
Click "Continue" and Zapier will test the connection, so be sure to have your sample request card ready to go!
Step Two: The Request for Design Pickle
1) Ensure the "Event" is to create a request and click "Continue"
2) If you haven't done so already, connect your Design Pickle account using your API Token. Then continue on with the Action set up!
3) Customize the request to look like the following:
- Zapier Item ID: Card ID
- Subject: Card Name
- Details: Card Description (optional to manually type "Submitted by": Member Creator)
- Size: Manually type "See Details"
- Files: Select Card Attachment from the drop-down menu
- The rest can be left blank because these details will go straight into the card description.
4) Click "Continue" and go ahead and send a test over to Design Pickle!
- Double-check that the request was added to your Design Pickle queue.
5) If the test was successful, turn on your Zap and keep submitting requests!
P.S. Be sure to delete your request from your queue (if it wasn't a real design request), so your designer isn't confused 😉
Want additional Zapier support from Design Pickle?
We’ve got you covered.
One of our Project Managers can assist with setting up your Zapier integrations.