- A form application (such as google forms, typeform, gravity forms, HubSpot forms, etc.)
- A Zapier account
- A Design Pickle account
Step One: Setting Up Your Form
The first step would be to create a form in the application of your choice with the following questions:
- (required) A unique title for the request
- (required) Preferred Size
- (required) Describe what you're looking for in as much detail as you can
- (optional) What target audience is this for?
- (optional) Do you have any links to similar designs you like?
- (optional) Is there anything you do NOT want in your designs?
- (optional) Do you have any assets you'd like to attach to this request?
Once you've created the form, go ahead and test it out with a sample entry. This will allow Zapier to have something to try out when you first set up your zap. Make sure to do this BEFORE jumping into setting up the zap.
Step Two: Setting Up the Zap
Once you've created the form and submitted a sample entry, open up Zapier and create a new zap that connects your form application and Design Pickle. You'll want the trigger to be something along the lines of "New form submission".
The Action will be to be "Create Request".
Go through the steps Zapier will present to your to connect your form application. Once you're connected to your form software, you'll be prompted to find the form you want to connect. Be sure to select the one you just made.
Once you have the form application section of it setup, then it's time to connect to Design Pickle.
First, you'll want to make sure Zapier is able to talk to your Design Pickle account. To connect your account, add your API key (available in the "My Profile Settings" section of the Design Pickle Platform) into the modal Zapier will present to you.
Once you've connected to Design Pickle, you'll come to the trickiest part of the set up. Here, we'll play a match game. We're going to want to match up the information from each of the form questions to the fields on the page.
Next to each entry, click the button with the lines and the plus icon embedded in them. You should see all the items from your form drop down.
Match up each field from your form to the most relevant Design Pickle field. For example
- (required) A unique title for the request --> Map to "Subject" in the setup template section of the zap
- (required) Preferred Size --> Map to "Size"
- (required) Describe what you're looking for in as much detail as you can --> Map to "Details"
- (optional) What target audience is this for? --> Map to "target"
- (optional) Do you have any links to similar designs you like? --> Map to "links"
- (optional) Is there anything you do NOT want in your designs? --> Map to "Not looking for"
- (optional) Do you have any assets you'd like to attach to this request? --> Map to "files"
Some optional forms may not have a value (for example, Zapier ID, or priority). That's OK. The only ones we need to make sure we get in are "Subject", "Details", and "Size".
Here's a quick video on how to do this:
Once you've mapped all the fields, go on and send a test through!
Check your Design Pickle Platform or email to see if the request was successfully completed.
If it was, give the zap a name and don't forget to turn it on!
If this was a sample request and you don't actually want your designer to work on it, remember to cancel it in the Design Pickle Platform!!
p.s Other form submissions will not send right away. Typically the zap will fire around every 15 minutes or so! So please be patient!