By default, your designer will follow your design request as closely as possible.
This means using the assets in your brand profile, and if inspiration is given, trying to get something as close to that as possible.
However, not everyone wants their designer to follow their instructions to a t every single time. The key to unlocking creative mode is to ask your designer for a few concepts and let them know you'd actually prefer something different from what you've been creating with them lately.
Tips & Tricks
If you want to unlock more of your designer's creativity, here are a couple of ways to do so:
Use language such as:
- I'd love a few concepts on this idea
- Please flex your creative muscles on this!
- Try out some recent design trends on this one
- Let's try a new direction on these
Other tips are to include:
- Fewer instructions, inspiration
- Examples of what you don't want